You got the Honey, Let’s catch up with the Moon at the best hill stations reaching the Sky and get closeness like never before.
Excellent Tour Packages to choose from, You just pay and experience togetherness….
Leave everything else to us. Rest assured you take back only sweet memories.
Time to Open Up and Break All BarriersHoneymoon is the sweetest and most important part of everyone’s life. Live life kingsize without any strings, no office, no responsibilities and no worries … only bliss. Enjoy togetherness, talk, laugh, tease, visit new places, order unknown dishes, and know each other better no matter what.
Discover a New You and encourage Your Partner too!
Life just opened a new chapter and both of you are at the centre stage. Immaterial whether you knew the other previously or not, it is time to unleash all the love and drench the other. Keep prodding your better half and know all the likes and dislikes.
Dig deep and bring buried fantasies to the fore. It is winter time and you need to fix the ideal location. One loves skiing and your partner ice-skating. You can choose either Pahalgam or Srinagar. Just jot it down and ask your tourist advisor for his views. You are sure to get some exotic locations.
Why Choose Hills for Honeymoon?
Hills are totally opposite to the plains. Immaterial whether you travel by road or rail, the gradually rising elevation changes your mood. Slowly the fresh air bereft of pollution rejuvenates you. Within no time you arrive in a different country where no one scene stays for long.
Fresh mind works wonders. Suddenly you are open to new ideas and the temperature drop encourages you to sit close to your partner. With every one degree drop your adrenaline rises and the closeness translates to a new meaning altogether.
Fewer People around means More Freedom
No nose poking people is just what the doctor ordered. Honeymooners cherish this newly found freedom. Behave the way you like in the open, no questions asked. In fact, there is no one near!
Kaleidoscope in Action
It could rain now and have sunshine the very next moment. In a matter of minutes you witness diagonally opposite climate. Views change regularly as if a kaleidoscope is in action.
Clouds Offer Privacy
Hovering clouds suddenly come down and visibility drops. The locale turns misty and creates a romantic mood. Love is in the air and only you know where to head to …
Hills are geared for tourists especially Honeymooners
Tourists are the lifeline at hills and everyone knows. You just ask for something and they have it. It’s that simple. No beating around the bush.
Cool & Chilly the Only Weather in Hills
Thanks to the elevation, the climate is either pleasantly cool or chilly. No sweat and no worries of changing clothes. No deodorants to hide body odour. You are always fresh. Compare hills’ cool climate with the muggy & suffocating weather of beach cities. There is simply no comparison.
Romantic Dinner Anytime You WantTable booking not needed! Best tables always available. No worries of forgetting to book at the right time. In fact, you can throw away your watch at hills!
Tall trees, wild flowers, meadows, rivulets … name it and you have it!
Take your pick and engage with nature. There are enough locales you can click and preserve forever. You can revisit your honeymoon anytime and relive the moments.
Begin Your New Life on a High
Summers pack so many options for together-activities like white water rafting and paragliding for adventure couples. Winters have skiing, skating, snowboarding to name a few. Begin your life on a new high!
Paragliding & Shikara Ride in Moonlight: Simply Unforgettable
Both are rare events are should never be missed. The moon’s silvery reflection in the Dal Lake is breathtaking. The distant lights appear like decorations on your cake. With the boatman looking the other way, cling together for the fine closest moments.Paragliding in moonlight is an experience to cherish forever. Scratch your mind and try explaining your impressions, we cannot.
Houseboats, the Unique Hotel Experience
A house on lake is a unique staying experience. Designed just like a hotel, but floating on water is something one should always try.
Out of The Box Options for Enjoying Togetherness
Travelling enthusiastic can easily go for Trekking and Camping. Choose to stop anywhere you fancy and spend quality time with nature. Needless to say, you will enjoy these together moments for your lifetime.
Awesome Honeymoon Ideas for the Lifetime Achievement Award (from your spouse)!
Yes, we mean it and it can happen. You can enjoy the spine-chilling wintery winds, raining cats & dogs, whisper quiet atmosphere and more in the comfort of cozy togetherness! Don’t believe us? See this picture and decide yourself.
What the newlywed lovebirds look for?
- Good to-and-fro connectivity.
- Lonely tracks.
- Different views at every corner.
- Cool climes for staying close.
- Nice food options.
- Interesting sporting & recreational activities to choose from.
- Secured places for naughty activities.
- Comfortable rooms for staying together.
- Restaurants and room service available round the clock.
- Transport facility at your beck & call.
- Travel desk for booking onward journey.
Facilities Hill Stations Offer
- Peace is always on offer. Even if it is overcrowded it is no match to the plains. Locals and even tourists easily spot the honeymooners and seldom disturb. No matter which track you choose, privacy is always assured.
- Hills are composed of mountains, passes, cliffs, peaks, meadows, tall trees and some habitation. Move some distance and you are bound to see a totally different view. A topic served on platter, just what the doctor ordered. Exclamations, oohs and aahs and some small debate and the objective is met. You can move on.
- Cool climes guaranteed. Whatever the weather in plains, hills are much better any time of the day. No fear of sweat spoiling your outing. No need of excess baggage unless you arrive in winters.
- Small shops scattered around for quick snacks and tea. The shops many times double up as local guides.
- Many hill stations now provide two wheelers on rent. Move as and when needed.
Some popular hill stations now boast of:
- Ropeways for visiting nearby peaks, and
- Sporting retreats with world class adventure activities.
Different adventure sports outings which makes your honeymoon interesting. New opportunities to click pictures and create a vivid gallery detailing every moment you spent. These pictures are useful for cherishing old memories.
Choice of Locations based on Individual Preference
Scarcely populated or not honeymooners have ample choice for their outing. They can list their preferred places or activities and an able tour operator can suggest the best. For example, you can take some hints from this list:
- Patnitop for instance is ideal for honeymooners with ample escapes nearby such as Sanasar which is just 17 km away. Lonely path with an occasional vehicle to break the monotony. If Kashmir is your priority, Patnitop is easily accessible from Jammu compared to Srinagar which is a bit away and slightly overcrowded.
- Similarly Ooty is very popular but a few kilometers earlier many stations like Wellington and Coonnoor offer spectacular views, easy on the pocket accommodation and less crowd.
- Stations like Shimla is crowded but the same hills also boast of Barog on the Kalka Shimla railway route. Not so crowded and easy on the pocket.
- Similar romancing rail travel like the one for Ooty and Wellington described above. If Railway Romance is your priority, you can choose either of the two.
Plenty of Tips for Luxurious and Worthwhile Honeymoon
Honeymoon is once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. It is a foundation you use for strong bonding and faithful relationship. Saving a few rupees can easily mar your experience and you will always return with bitter memories.
We offer you some valuable tips on how to choose your Best Staying Option.
Talk to your travel operator and insist on having an all-inclusive package. It should include indoor facilities like swimming pool, gym for refreshing your tired body, a lobby to watch rain & snowfalls from behind glass wall and dining hall with outside view.
Sometimes you just want to enjoy nature, but from a distance. Recall how you feel travelling in a metro?
Scorching heat outside, but
You are comfortable inside.
Thanks to the air-conditioned cars.
So, you can either watch or enjoy from inside OR simply jump out and flow with the nature.
Facilities to check before finalizing a hotel for your honeymoon
(Remember, this is your once-in-a-lifetime experience so no harm asking detailed questions. After all you are paying for everything and it is in your interests to verify. Also ask the hoteliers to write it on their booking bill)
Most hotels have special packages for honeymooners (because couples are game for paying extra). The charges may appear towards the higher side but often include many services not advertized separately.
- Check for a welcome drink
- What Complimentary services/gifts for your chosen package as many hotels offer:
- fruits basket
- happy hours
- extra free nights
- sports room coupons
- If opting for a cottage, ensure you get a chef included in the package. Else all quality time is spent on cooking. Or the hotel should have food service round the clock.
- Glass shielded Lobby/Lounge/Balcony for outside viewing (Many feedbacks reveal that for unknown reasons, hotels drape the glass windows with opaque plastic sheets obstructing the outside view. If booking a less-known hotel, ask them to give a recent pic)
- Dining area with outside view (Ask for a pic because many a time the windows are small and you are seated so far away, it makes no sense)
- Whether Central Heating + Hot & Cold water for 24 hours available or not!
- Electricity Backup (Heavy snowfall disrupts supply lines forcing guests to resort to candles).
- Champagne/Hard Liquor (Though many hotels have bars and also serve bottles, it may not be advertised openly. Moreover the bars have limited timings hence revelers should either bring their own stuff or be prepared to leave the bar by 9 pm)
- Candle-light Dinner Some hotels have small rooms especially for hosting couples, all spaced out. You need to specially ask for.
- Bath tub, a luxury for most Indians. Ask for the size as many hotels have it for namesake purposes, which is no more than a sitting tub.
- Indoor entertainment facilities Many a time you don’t wish moving out. Indoor sports facilities like:
- table tennis,
- card room
- health club, and
- Sauna bath
- A big plus point if the hotel has a big hall for Ball Dance and facility for having contests, which encourage participation from all the guests.
- A big lawn for Christmas celebrations. Ask for it especially if arriving there at last week of December.
- A Doctor on Call for minor exigencies
- Purchasing Tickets for Gondola or other Ropeway (so you don’t stand in queue)
- Outdoor Arrangements Option Want to try hand at
- Water-rafting, or
- Para gliding
- Lawn Tennis (many professionals marry and like to indulge in their first love)
- A winter vacation is incomplete without a Bonfire. All arrangements for making this an interesting and eventful evening should be available like:
- music contest,
- a musical chair, and
- tambola etc.
- In-house Tourist Advisor Normally every decent hotel has this arrangement (it helps them earn extra commissions) but they should have someone who can tailor-make your on-the-spot needs. For example arrange for viewing Sunset or Sunrise points which normal tourists don’t opt for.
- In room cable/satellite TV
- DVD for playing movies
- Internet facility.
Depending on specific months, when occupancy is low, freebies can easily be looted.
make some welcome additions.
The hotel should have arrangements for confirmed booking.
Tricks to get More Freebies / Discounts
Hotel staff is seldom well educated especially the locals. Rarely do you get the owner on call and he too is no different. Many times the additional freebies are reserved for personal favours. You can trick them into releasing for your benefit:
- Speak in English
It is the sore point in majority Indians, and more so in locals.
- Let them know you have read Facebook/hotel-review sites and on their feedback you are choosing them (this works for sure because they feel more feedback may get additional visitors)
- Tell them you read about additional freebies and wonder why you are not offering them! (even this works)
- Tell them you have a website of your own and may publish their pics. (More often sales staff is different than those in the billing department. Once you arrive you can talk sweetly to the office staff and even they may oblige)
- Hotel is a service industry and tourists take them for granted. Try praising the office staff, strike a friendship and you never know how they may shower you with freebies you never thought existed.
Real Case Story
A porter got injured while carrying a heavy luggage. The guests talked politely to him and gave him Rs 500 for his treatment. With tears in his eyes, he whispered “extend your stay by just two days and you get 60 % off on overall package rate”. It really worked and the total savings were over Rs 1800/-.
Precautions for Tourists booking hotels in advance
(Reference: In 2015, winter was delayed considerably and even Delhi developed winter in February. Snowfall was scanty in the hills)
Changing weather patterns now play havoc with established seasons. Snowing is often delayed. To counter low occupancy, hoteliers offer heavy discounts and freebies to attract tourists. However, if suddenly the weather changes, the same hotels are reluctant to honour their commitments and to recover costs, start charging for minute services which are free otherwise.
Some examples (based on returning tourists’ feedback)
- Though fruits basket is free, they insist only one fruit per person is free, rest is chargeable.
- Hot water is not chargeable usually, but when using the bathtub they demand extra
- In the Dining Hall, tables are available on first-come-first-serve basis but for Window Side table they charge extra
- Usually bar charges are included when you purchase liquor. But as an afterthought they add sitting charges as well.
- Complimentary extra night is often denied (may affect your onward journey bookings)
- Hiked transportation charges for local sight-seeing.
- You may have arranged liquor but drinking inside may attract “admittance charges”
How to Force the Hoteliers to Honour Their Words
- Keep Attested Photocopies (from government servants) of all documents, right from booking.
- Record all conversations you have regarding travel, freebies, discounts, complimentary offers on your mobile and keep hinting every now and then.
- Threaten adverse comments on Facebook. Nowadays all businesses are scared of online negative publicity. Encash this to prevent yourself from cheating.
- Every establishment has some weak spots. Threaten them of putting them online.
Tips on How to Select the Best Hilly Destination
Everyone has some definite image about every location. Some prefer seashores while others prefer hills not too high. Some prefer greenery and parks and not thinly populated towns. Based on your inputs your operator can suggest best locations. For example:
- Khandala in Maharashtra and Mount Abu in Rajasthan are normal hills that are not too high.
- Ooty & Shimla are hill stations no doubt but heavily crowded
- If misty environs fascinate you, check out the locations with maximum rains like Cherrapunjee. It is a hill station with maximum rainfall in India.
- If flying in big aircrafts is a priority, fly to Srinagar and let the small tours revolve around this base point.
- If narrow gauge railway travel romances you then Darjeeling is ideal. On the contrary if you like narrow gauge but don’t fathom 8-10 hour travel then Matheran, in Maharashtra, near Mumbai is an ideal journey which reaches in an hour.
- Looking for hills but also need tea & coffee plantation then Coorg, Munnar, Darjeeling should suffice.
Best Honeymoon Destinations on Hills
Interesting destinations are many and it is up to individual choice to pick up the most favourable. We start with best destinations for winter season.
1. Gulmarg & PatnitopGulmarg is on direct flight from most cities and is the base for many snow-related activities. It boasts of some of the best hotels around and has everything honeymooners can dream of. Some of them are:
- A Gondola for an aerial ride,
- Ice-skating rink
- Best slopes for Skiing, Heli-skiing & Snowboarding
- Easily approachable Khilanmarg for more snow
- Many treks start here, including the famous Seven Lake Trek
- Frozen rivers for ice-skating & camping
This paradise on earth is so beautiful, even a week long honeymoon may vanish quickly.
Patnitop is easily accessible from Jammu or Udhampur where both have railway connectivity. Just a 5-hour ride from the latter and you land in Kashmir. Well-equipped hotels, respectable gentry and beautiful landscape greet you. Honeymooners can look forward to:
- Great trekking to Sanasar
- Beautiful Cottages to stay close to nature
2. AuliAuli is known for its picture-postcard views, and exemplary skiing slopes. Most skiing enthusiasts keenly wait for the season to start January onwards and make a beeline towards it. The salient features are:
- Ski-lift which brings skiers back to high altitudes
- Skiing on some of the world’s greatest slopes
- Ropeway which covers over 3.5 km overlooking best snow-clad mountains
- Weeklong courses run by the State Government on skiing
- Complete privacy as revelers focus on learning skiing leaving honeymooners alone
3. ShimlaCapital of Himachal Pradesh it is a very well known hill station. Good for those who like the Delhi crowd all over. Also called as the Queen of Hill Stations it is one of the most sought-after honeymooner’s paradise.
The salient features are:
- Connected with a Toy Train from Kalka
- Road connectivity from Kalka available
- Has twin lifts that save tourists from climbing on foot
- Picturesque surroundings
- An old but working Ice-Skating Rink
- Gets ample snowfall in winters
4. Khandala (Maharashtra)
Not so populated and frequented only by tourists Khandala is honeymooner’s paradise especially for those who like quickly approachable destinations and not too far from big cities. The salient features are:
- Misty environs in rainy seasons
- It is centrally located from Pune & Mumbai needing just 2 hours either way.
- Full green landscape and not too high
- Dozens of small waterfalls and rivulets make sightseeing interesting
- Very pleasant climate throughout the year
5. Matheran (Maharashtra)
Can be accessed either by climbing or through railway Matheran is the only hill station not connected by any road. The same reason ensures it is scarcely populated. Other salient features:
- It is just one-hour rail journey from Neral on the Mumbai suburban station.
- Just a moderate altitude hill station
- All pedestrian traffic so no threat of any accident
- Cool weather throughout the year despite nearing Mumbai.
6. Ootacamund (Ooty)It is a very famous hill station which is quite huge in size. Accessible by both rail and road it is one of the best developed towns one can find. Some salient features:
- Boasts of cool weather even in winters
- More than half-dozen beautiful parks including a botanical park
- Fully developed hill station with observatory and boating
- Rack & Pinion assisted Nilgiri Mountain Railway link
- Just 80 km from Coimbatore (Tamil Nadu)
7. DarjeelingFamous because of the finest teas the town produces, another feather in its cap is the narrow gauge railway link from New Jalpaiguri. Some salient features are:
- Situated in blue mountains, the Nilgiris
- The most adored and talked about railway link adjoining the road inside the town
- Producer of the world famous Darjeeling Tea
- Cool climate throughout the year, as if living in an A/C comfort.