Thanks to natural climatic conditions, Aru is an ideal and coolest place around for summer camping. Both Pahalgam and Aru Meadows offer numerous camping sites amidst a beautiful setting of pine forests. Many vendors have set up shops for camping gear, which they provide on rental basis.
Campers will do well if they spend a few nights here at Aru Valley. Amazing location which is surrounded by warm and kind-hearted people. The best part is that Aru is also a starting point for many popular treks.
The campsites are usually located above Aru village, and pitched between two small mountain streams in a sprawling meadow. This meadow is spread on the right bank of the gushing Lidder River tributary and a hill rises sharply from its left bank, its slopes adorned with stately and dominant deodar trees. This enchanting and beautiful campsite offers almost 360 degree views of the surrounding mountains and the beautiful meadows.
Some of the commercial campsites are:
When you pay for an organized camp, most facilities are included. However, not every operator can envisage every condition and it is better to be prepared and visit the camp with your own precautions. The list is as under:
1. Medicated Lozenges High altitudes can block nose & chest at night. Mint or menthol lozenges can come handy.
2. An extra hanging Lamp Though tour operators have everything on them, and organize a camp fire at night but an extra lamp can enliven your spot especially after the fire has died out. Sometimes when everyone dozes off, a hanging light can simply light up the nearby area and make for some exotic & exclusive photographs.
3. Glucose Tabs/powder/lozenges High altitudes make you nauseate and sometimes you don’t feel like eating anything. Popping a couple of glucose tabs or swallowing some glucose powder helps maintain energy.
4. Antacid Tab/Liquid Sometimes the cook’s food on the tour may not suit everyone resulting in bloating or indigestion. Antacid pouch/tablet/liquid can easily ease the situation and you may continue on your schedule.
5. Fine Sewing Needle Rough terrains often have thorns and bushes that may pierce awkwardly on our skin. Fine sewing needles help removing them else it can mar your entire day. A fine needle comes handy. By chance if any dress is either torn or ruptured, a sewing needle at least can help you tide over the situation.
You got the Honey, Let's catch up with the Moon at the best hill stations reaching the Sky and get closeness like never befor...