It is the most conveniently located camp, easily accessible from Kalka and Chandigarh respectively. Standing tall at 1,560 meters (5,200 feet) the camp is surrounded by pine trees and boasts of a serene and picturesque location. Away from every nearby town, the place is bereft of any noise whatsoever.
This campsite is an eco-tourism enterprise with Himachal Government - Private Partnership, managed by Senior Military Veterans. This is the nearest option for those looking for rejuvenation, for sharing nature with the spirit of adventure, for peaceful ambience then head straight here, whatever your age. The camp has ruggedly luxurious setting- comfortable, designer tents with attached toilets.
Arrive here and you will notice the difference. Take a stroll within the premises and discover all it has to offer and you will definitely want to climb the small hill, and get amazed at the adventure facilities. Enjoy and indeed celebrate nature harmoniously and unobtrusively.
Along with families even corporate groups arrive and hence the accommodation is slightly different.
They have individual as well big tents sharing facilities.
1. Valley Xg,
2. Flying Fox (Zipline),
3. Rock Climbing,
5. Long Treks,
6. Night Trek,
7. Obstacle courses - Burma bridge, parallel rope, commando net.
8. Mountain Biking
9. Rock Climbing
11. Long Treks
12. Night Treks
13. Advanced Rock Climbing & Rappelling
Rs 3,500/- per couple
Rs 2,800/- per member for teams of up to 6 people
Rs 4,000/- for Executives
Separate charges applicable for Mountain biking and advanced rock climbing & rappelling.
Tribal Archery is also conducted and Tutor is available for basic training.
1. Tariff includes charges for most activities and meals.
2. Staff keeps a strict watch for any eventuality on adventure activities, so you are in safe hands.
3. Guide charges for nearby trekking extra.
4. Please be aware that all activities are weather & time dependent. If weather turns adverse in-between, no refunds are admissible. Similarly after 6:00 pm, no activity will be allowed to continue.
5. Doctor is available on call and all charges will be payable by the tourist.
How to Reach
The campsite is very close to Kalka, around 25 km whereas from Chandigarh, it is 60 km. The driving directions are:
Delhi - Panchkula/Chandigarh - along the Shimla Highway - Pinjore Bypass - Dharampur-Barog-the Camp.
Dharampur is the campsite and it slightly away from the main road.
Nearest Airport is Chandigarh Airport, which is 55 km away.
Both Kalka and Chandigarh have Railway Stations and dozens of trains arrive from different locations and is a convenient point.
1. Spend some time in darkness and watch the stars laden sky. One glance and you know what you missed in your city back home. You know the vastness and idea of your entity.
2. Before sleeping at night, keep quiet inside your tent and try listening to the night world. Hills have a different world of their own which comes alive only at night.
3. Hills are the best place to try low light photography. Dusk & dawns present ample opportunities no one should miss out.
4. There are no shops of any kind hence it is recommended to carry your own stock of drinks or smoking material.
5. Doctors are on panel and available when needed. However, you need to pay all incidental charges.
6. Though no animals have been spotted yet but you should avoid roaming outside alone, especially at night.
7. Try staying at least 2-3 days if possible. For full enjoyment and total relaxation and rejuvenation this is the apt period. Else all your energy will be wasted in arriving & departing only.
8. Many a time local villagers drop in to meet the visitors. Their children do come along trying to join in and have fun. Often these result in fruitful talks and laughter sessions. It is recommended not to shoo them away for mutual benefit.
9. Polythene bags are not allowed inside the campus. Please help us in keeping our environment and mountains clean.
You got the Honey, Let's catch up with the Moon at the best hill stations reaching the Sky and get closeness like never befor...