Bhiyar Village, Kullu
This discreet Himalayan village is at your service and offers peace, tranquility and unparalleled beauty in one simple package. Step inside and you get what we crave the most – happiness, freedom and peace of mind and you will want to relive the experience again and again.
Sky touching mesmerizing trees, enigmatic skylights and lying just below millions of stars make for a truly out of this world setting. Under this very scenario, this spot was nurtured and today it is one of the favourite spots among travelers.
Concept Tourism (Village Life) takes Shape at Bhiyar-Chehni
Taking cue from homestays elsewhere in all over India, the organizers chose these two villages named Bhiyar-Chehni from Kullu District, Himachal Pradesh. The influx of tourists has all gained from the villagers’ wisdom that reaches the nearby mountains, crosses rivers with ease which is not experienced by many.
We found that villagers impressed the city dwellers who in turn appreciated their simplicity. Interacting both is mutually beneficial and this opened new doors for both and we have decided to take this initiative far. The need was gradually created in our minds to share these simple, yet unforgettable Himalayan villages with the day-to-day living of those villagers who have created a world of their own, far away from the anarchy of the exasperating metropolis.
1. Rock Climbing
2. Trek up to the Sirloskar Lake
3. River crossing
4. Trek to Great Himalayan National Park
5. Yoga, and
Cottage: Rs 4,000/- approx for two persons per night
Luxury Tent: Rs 2,000/- approx per person per night
Family Cottage for 4: Rs 6,000 approx per night
Single occupancy also allowed.
Rates are inclusive of all meals and taxes.
Special rates for Group Bookings please enquire in advance.
1. Tariff includes charges for all activities and meals.
2. Staff keeps a strict watch for any eventuality, so you are in safe hands.
3. Guide charges for nearby trekking extra.
4. Please be aware that all activities are weather & time dependent. If weather turns adverse in-between, no refunds are admissible. Similarly after 6:00 pm, no activity will be allowed to continue.
5. Our attentive staff is always on the lookout for any slips while climbing the rocks & while crossing the river and can instantly provide first aid. In case of serious injury, the nearest hospital is at Kullu or Dharamsala.
How to Reach
Bhiyar Village is approximately 60 km from Bhuntar Airport at Kullu. Alternately you can also visit from Gaggal Airport at Dharamshala, which is 200 km away. Kalka Railway Station is the nearest at 225 kilometers.
1. There are no vendors nearby so please carry your essential medicines, liquors etc. along with.
2. Spend some time in darkness and watch the stars laden sky. One glance and you know what you missed in your city back home. You know the vastness and idea of your entity.
3. Before sleeping at night, keep quiet inside your tent and try listening to the night world. Hills have a different world of their own which comes alive only at night.
4. Hills are the best place to try low light photography. Dusk & dawns present ample opportunities no one should miss out.
5. There are no shops of any kind hence it is recommended to carry your own stock of drinks or smoking material.
6. Doctors are on panel and available when needed. However, you need to pay all incidental charges.
7. Though no animals have been spotted yet but you should avoid roaming outside alone, especially at night.
8. Try staying at least 2-3 days if possible. For full enjoyment and total relaxation and rejuvenation this is the apt period. Else all your energy will be wasted in arriving & departing only.
9. Many a time local villagers drop in to meet the visitors. Their children do come along trying to join in and have fun. Often these result in fruitful talks and laughter sessions. It is recommended not to shoo them away for mutual benefit.
10. Polythene bags are not allowed inside the campus. Please help us in keeping our environment and mountains clean.